Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Da Boyz GT: T - 1 Week - Crispy

     We have a little over a week to go until Da Boyz GT, and I'm in a comfortable position for this last week of prep time. I have 3 models to touch up, 1 to paint, and 1 more that's half painted. Real life has certainly been pulling down most of my free time lately, but I have been able to get a bit of gaming and hobby time in to prep for the GT. A few weeks ago I was able to attend The Warstore Weekend, and that was a nice primer for Da Boyz. From that experience I've made a few changes to my list. Next week, I'll post up my final list along with pictures of the army.


Here's a few shots of what I've most recently been working on. Check them out below the fold.



Thanks Grubnards for the paint scheme recommendations. There's a few others that I would have liked to try, but the red/black combo is by far the quickest and easiest combo I tried.





     I call the coloring on the back of the cloak 'The Norton." I have to rip off more of his paint schemes as they pop really well.

     My meagre attempt at free-handing a banner. I also have been trying a new technique for bone and tusks. I like how they came out here. 

     Here's a couple of shots of the underside of my spider. I re-painted the model as I wasn't really satisfied with how the original came out. I'm really liking where this one is going. I still need to do some joint work.

     I've also been working on the spider's base. The joint between the tree and the base wasn't as nice as I would have liked, so I added a little more greenstuff to smooth the transition. Compare the picture to the bottom left to the ones on the right, above and below. 



     Similar to the tree base, the footing on the stone trolls was not 100% to my liking. In the picture above, you can see the basing around the stone troll's feet is not continuous with the base. It just stood out too much for me. A little greenstuff and you have the new ones below. I just need to paint it up. 



 Alright, back to real life and constant resume/cover letter writing. There looks to be an end in sight, and I hope to be back posting with more regularity. thanks for reading,

-Crispy

1 comment:

  1. New spider paint job is killer good job with the airbrush. Big fan of the trolls too. Your stuff is always consistent and quality. Best of luck next week.

    ReplyDelete