Tuesday, June 3, 2014

High Chaplain Erebus

Back at the beginning of the year a friend of mine gave me the Forgeworld models of Erebus and Kor Phaeron for helping him with his Eldar bike bases. I was kind of hesitant on doing anything with the models since I've never worked with Forgeworld resin before and to be honest... I was afraid that I would mess up such a gorgeous model. After staring at it for a few months I decided to give it a try. Cleaning and washing the model was a breeze and since the model had so much detail I decided to paint each piece separately before gluing the model together. Well, here is how it turned. out...



For starters, I decided to paint him using the same paint scheme I use for all of my Word Bearers since I plan on running him as a Dark Apostle in my army. The only difference is that I included more gold in this model instead of silver to give him the aura of someone who is of high authority.

Front View








Close up of face and book on right shoulder

Close up of face and breast plate details
Close up of candles on left shoulder

Close up of base details
Close up of scrolls below the power pack

Over the shoulder shot



So my question for all of you who have worked with this type of resin, do you recommend sealing the model to protect the paint job or does the paint hold up pretty well on the resin with use?

Look for another swamp board update next week.




1 comment:

  1. I've just recently started sealing models (after being yelled at for not sealing them). The one issue you generally have, is it is good to do BEFORE you do your final highlights (especially metallics). It tends to dull things out. Even the satin one changes how it works.

    I'd experiment on another model first until you know how your particular sealer works and effects the scheme.

    That being said..this is a fantastic model! All the little details really come through. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete