Friday, August 5, 2011

Grey Knights: DaBoyz GT 2011 Project Army T-12 Weeks

Here are some painting tweaks and WIP's for this week.

I've been spending a lot of time on my Storm Raven.  This is the first vehicle I've painted in 11 years so it's been a (re-)learning experience.  My goal was a blending of a police cruiser and a SWAT truck.  (I know some of the pics are too large for the column, I just wanted the largest size so you can see the detail)


I'm trying to get the pilot and gunner to look like they're lit by blue and red glow from their control panels so in a way, it looks like the blue and red flashers on police vehicles.
I still have to put in the cockpit plastic and framing, but I want to seal the model first so I still have a little work to do.
I also mentioned last week that I was repainting the force weapons and adding some OSL glow on the marines.  Here are some updated models (you can click the picture for a larger version).
Progress is slowing a big because of 'ArdBoyz prep and play testing with the Nids, but I hope to get back on track after next week.

Stay tuned!

5 comments:

  1. brilliant as always :), Can you explain how do you do the rust in the doors or in the flap?, and the shades in the black/grey pieces?

    ReplyDelete
  2. For the rust, I made a very watered down wash of red, brown, and black and painted the streaks with a very fine brush. Then I took the same mix of colors and dry brushed over the streaks I made with the wash.

    The black panels are painted pure black, then dry brushed with medium grey, dove grey, and wicker white in diminishing amounts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the color scheme, man! They look great and they are a massive breath of fresh air from all the metallics out there.

    Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Man...

    ...color me jealous!

    Incredible work, really - I'm looking forward to more of this army.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks OST and Brent. I'm having tons of fun with this army. It's so fun to paint when each model has individual character. It seems to go fast when the whole army has less models than I have in genestealers alone hehe.

    ReplyDelete