Sunday, October 2, 2011

Grey Knights: DaBoyz GT 2011 Project Army T-19 Days


It's coming down to the wire now with just 19 days until we set up terrain and commence the Team Event  on Friday the 21st, then move on to the 6 game GT on Saturday and Sunday.  We have some tough competition coming up in the form of some current and past ETC members (Greg S., Paul M., Shaun K., Nick R., and Wyatt T.) as well as Goatboy from BoLS and Stillfrosty from the White Scars blog.  There's still room for a lot more with 70 registered and room for 120 so get crackin' and  sign up if you're still on the fence.

I've been trying my best to paint during every free second of the day.  To be honest, I've been pushing so hard that I've burned out and I'm just doing it to get it done at this point.  I'm nearing completion with just 1 henchman, 1 terminator, 4 marines, and a chimera left to do.  After that, I'll do the bases in a large batch and call it a year hehe.

This week I powered through some of the easy stuff.  I knocked out a razorback for a small strike squad.  If you've been following my progress, you know my concept is a police/SWAT themed army.  This was my inspirational concept for the vehicles.
Here's the razorback I painted this week.
The photo washed out a lot of the white areas which are actually heavily shaded with 2 shades of grey up to white.  Did you notice the red and blue OSL glows from the headlights and spotlight?  Here's the strike squad with their ride.
I also speed painted a bunch of henchmen.  Here's two warrior acolytes with pistols and chainswords (the red shirts).
And two warrior acolytes with melta guns.
And two servitors with plasma cannons.
The unit is built to fit the theme of ISWAT (Inquisitorial Special Weapons and Tactics) by incorporating all sorts of different weapons and uses.  Here's most of the squad which will eventually have 2 crusaders, 1 death cult assassin, 1 jokaero weaponsmith, 2 plasma cannon servitors, 1 heavy bolter servitor, 2 melta acolytes, and 2 naked acolytes with an attached inquisitor (click the pic for a big version).
It's a motley crew and not nearly optimized for anything, but decent at everything.  I designed the unit more for theme and the comp spirit of the event and will have to use them with cunning and skill to see their true value realized.

That's it for now.  More updates will come if time allows.  If not, stay tuned for the 9 batreps I should get out of the GT with a couple practice games I've been playing along the way to figure out the army I designed.

4 comments:

  1. Those look amazing. Black and white can be some of the most annoying colors to pull off well and you've done a bang up job on both. Can't wait to see the whole army!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the SR... It's hot for sure !!

    G

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dude.. this is awesome!

    I have to track you down via email... looking for link...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the kind words guys. I put a lot of time and effort into those little guys. I won't win best painted, but I should net a lot more painting points this year.

    It's funny, my tyranid ATC list had more genestealers alone than models I have in this entire army. It really does allow you to spend more time on each model.

    I just hope I can finish it all in the next two weeks before the GT and before my wife runs out of patience!

    ReplyDelete