Here's a few shots of what I've most recently been working on. Check them out below the fold.
Thanks Grubnards for the paint scheme recommendations. There's a few others that I would have liked to try, but the red/black combo is by far the quickest and easiest combo I tried.
I call the coloring on the back of the cloak 'The Norton." I have to rip off more of his paint schemes as they pop really well.
My meagre attempt at free-handing a banner. I also have been trying a new technique for bone and tusks. I like how they came out here.
Here's a couple of shots of the underside of my spider. I re-painted the model as I wasn't really satisfied with how the original came out. I'm really liking where this one is going. I still need to do some joint work.
I've also been working on the spider's base. The joint between the tree and the base wasn't as nice as I would have liked, so I added a little more greenstuff to smooth the transition. Compare the picture to the bottom left to the ones on the right, above and below.
Similar to the tree base, the footing on the stone trolls was not 100% to my liking. In the picture above, you can see the basing around the stone troll's feet is not continuous with the base. It just stood out too much for me. A little greenstuff and you have the new ones below. I just need to paint it up.
Alright, back to real life and constant resume/cover letter writing. There looks to be an end in sight, and I hope to be back posting with more regularity. thanks for reading,