Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Tis the season...

That's right... it's Christmas eve and ol' Santa Grubnards is feeling festive. Up here in Western NY the snow is falling, the temperature is below freezing and the forecast calls for the temps to fall to the lower teens tonight. Fear not, I have a bottle of whiskey, my family, and Christmas cheer to keep me warm and happy. Since I am feeling the spirit of Christmas I figured I would share some of my hobby updates that I've been working on between wrapping gifts and chowing down on delicious treats. Seeing as this is also the time of giving I've included some templates for you to download of some Eldar/Tau aegis defense lines and a portaglyph for you to print out and use as you wish.


 The Heldrake 

Last week I included some pics of my heldrake and some of you requested close up shots so here ya go.






Daemon Prince

Since I want to use this guy for both Fantasy and 40k, I wanted to make him a mace instead of using the axe or swords that come with the model. This way he will be 100% WYSIWYG if I run it with a Black Mace. I cut out the pattern on cardboard and then traced the design of the blades into plasticard. I cut the card shapes and then with a dremel tool I gave the blade some edges. If I have a spare moment or two after christmas I will cut off the axe head and greenstuff/glue the mace blades onto the shaft of the axe. Then it will be time to start painting this bad boy up.



Templates

Over a year ago I created a defense line for my Eldar out of clay and I have gotten a lot of positive comments about how it looks. Since I made the templates using the exact measurements of GW's aegis line I have never had any issues with TO's not allowing me to use it. So feel free to download the PDF files and use them as you wish.

My eldar lines in action against Hyv3mynd

I also plan on making a portaglyph for my daemons so I created this chaos start that will print out to roughly the same size as a GW blast templated. I plan on tracing the pattern onto plasticard and cutting out the shape for a cool looking portaglyph. Again, feel free to download the file and make your own portaglyph.



You can download the files by visiting our forums at: http://thegrandstrategery.proboards.com/thread/218/downloadable-pdf-templates

If you are not a member you will need to sign up to access the files.


Next week look for an end of the year review from the Mandulian Chapel authors and our hobby resolutions for 2014. Until then, I wish all of you a Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays.

1 comment:

  1. Merry Christmas! Same to all my other club mates at the Grand Strategery and any readers of the blog! 2014 is going to be a great year of gaming hopefully!

    ReplyDelete