Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Parkhammer! This Saturday


     Parkhammer is just a few days away, and I’m getting pumped. I haven’t been able to make it out to many events over the past few months, so I’m really looking forward to seeing everyone. I think we have a great group of people. It’s a real confluence of top tier players, fantastic hobbyists and good sportsmen. On top that, we’re going to have some great food! There will be several different entries into the Chili Contest, and I know that we have a few good cooks in the bunch.

      For those that are making their 1st trip down, here’s a map of the area and the blue dot is where you want to go.


View Parkhammer in a larger map


     Below the fold, I’ll go through a few reminders, and post up a list I’m thinking about bringing. See you this weekend!




Reminders:

1) Rain or Shine, we’ll be there. I’ve reserved the Central Pavillion near the South Entrance, so we’ll be out of any weather that comes our way.


2) Directions – Make sure you’re headed towards the South entrance to the park.
     If you’re coming from the North, the fastest way down to Watkins is Route 14. Once you’re in Watkins, you’ll want to take a right onto Route 329 (Old Corning Rd.) to Walnut Rd. From there, you’ll see signs to the South Entrance.

If you’re coming from the South, again Route 14 is the way into town. Take a left onto Route 329 (Old Corning Rd.) to Walnut Rd. From there, you’ll see signs to the South Entrance.

If you want to plug address into you’re GPS, use 3600 Walnut Rd. Watkins Glen, NY 14891. That’ll bring you to the Seneca Lodge. From there, you’ll be able to see the entrance.

3) Chili & other food – We’ll have a grill, and a couple of powerstrips to set up Crockpots. If we can grill it, we can cook it. Remember to bring drinks and enough ice to last the day. There are a few stores that are close, so if you want to pick something up the day of the event, it’ll be easy to do so.

4) Clothes – If you want to hike around the gorge, bring a pair of shoes you don’t mind getting wet. Also, bring a swim suit. There’s a pool right there.

5) Tzeentch Sorcerer – I’ll be bringing my photo tent to take pictures of everyone’s entries. If you want to snap a few pictures of any of your other minis, bring them too.

6) Fantasy Prep? I know that nearly all of the fantasy players coming are going to Buckeye Battles next month. Bring your Buckeye army and we can get a prep game in. 2400 points

7) 40K – I’m going to bring a 1500point list ready to go. More on that below.

8) Bitz trade - Bring you Warhammer/Warmachine or any other hobby stuff you want to trade. 







If there’s anything you think we’ll need, shoot me an email or leave a comment. 

---

Nids - Nothing too fancy. It's not too different than what I've been running in my last few events, but has a few things that I've been wanting to try out (let's see if I can get Rage to work). 




Along with all the Fantasy & 40K stuff we have going on, I'll probably be bringing a few board games as well. I think Kill Dr. Lucky will be making an appearance (a real favorite last year), along with a few others. 

Let me know what you think. 

-Crispy

3 comments:

  1. I'll be bringing x-wing as well. I'll have both rebel and imperial forces in case someone wants to try the game out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nogle said he'd also bring his X-Wing stuff too. We'll be able to keep busy.

    Also, if it's too wet to camp, My place is still open.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am doing a day trip - I will have 1000-2500 point 40k Daemons lists - already one game reserved with Aaron. I am willing to take other challenges - and wagers?

    Also, bringing a 1250 if anyone wants to try out some of the lock in missions.

    ReplyDelete