I both love and hate the painting grind running up to a big tournament. I love seeing the progress, trying new things, and watching the collection evolve. When it comes down to it though, I'd take playing over painting any day. I was all over the place again this week but got a lot of stuff accomplished.
I worked a little on Lady Malys doing some skin tones and trim. She's not nearly done, but I didn't want to have to play with an unpainted warlord.
I was able to prime Maugan and get one layer of grey airbrushed on. The rangers are finecast and took forever to trim. They're shaded with one layer of black from the bottom up. In the back is a Baron Sathonyx conversion I started and primed.
I was able to assemble, prime and basecoat 2 new beastmasters (back). I also assembled, primed, and basecoated 5 khymerae (middle). Up front (left), I started 2 new bases.
I assembled 5 new warriors (back) and tore off the arms and cloak of my archon to make her a sybarite instead. Still needs a pistol and venom blade and the cloak is going on Baron Sathonyx.
Four new wyches got primed and basecoated.
And I did a little work on the grotesque bases.
Finally, I finished basecoating and assembling the razorwing. Still haven't touched this with anything but an airbrush yet. Not sure if I like the canopy yet, I'll have to finish painting the supports and see how it looks.
That's all for this week. Sorry for the manic nature of the projects. I'm trying to get the whole lot assembled to play in the September tournament and maybe a practice game or two before. At this point, I only need to assemble 3 war walkers and 3 more khymerae. Plus, my free time is dictated by my son so I have to be careful which projects I work on and when. My goals for the next week are to get the rest assembled and maybe get a base coat on everything. I'll leave you with a shot of my supervisor.
No painting during daylight hours Dada!