Friday, September 7, 2012

Dark Eldar: DaBoyz GT 2012 Project Army T-8 Weeks


Not a whole lot to report this week.  The labor day weekend combined with a couple practice games before this weekend's event didn't leave a whole lot of time for painting.  If you read the two batreps for this week, you've already seen a sneak preview of what I've accomplished.


I finally finished assembling all the models for the army.  There's still about 13 models to base coat, but I was able to get the war walkers base coated.


I was able to get a little more done on Lady Malys.  Just need to finish the power weapon and touch up the metallics a bit.


I also tackled Maugan Ra as I'd rather play with unpainted troops than unpainted HQ's.  I wasn't too sure how to approach his color scheme. I ended up with something that used the same palette minus the oranges and reds, yet still fits the feel of the army.

That's all for now.  The next week will bring 3 battle reports from the weekend's tournament and I hope to get the last 13 primed models base coated so I can start batching them out.  I've been toying with the idea of doing all the bases first and the display board, then finishing the models last.  That way the army will look finished from a distance and I can hide unfinished models in the back of each unit if I run out of time =)


1 comment: