Tuesday, March 4, 2014

March Team Tournament and Painting Update

This coming weekend I will be attending the Adepticon format team tournament being held at Millennium Games in Rochester NY. Millennium run this event each year the month before Adepticon so that any players who are going to the big event can get in some practice games with their teams. This past week I was also feeling sick so I missed some days of work and a big game of 40k over the weekend but it did give me time to finish up some of my painting projects. So let's take a look at my list for the upcoming weekend and my recent painting projects that I was able to finish up this past week.




Team Event


The team event format for this event uses the following format:
1000 points per player using a modified force organization chart. Each lists has 1 HQ, 1 Elite, 2+ Troops, 1 Fast Attack, and 1 Heavy support. However, 1 player can have an extra Elite, Fast, or Heavy but both players cannot utilize the same "extra" slot. For example, in my list I am running a HQ, 2 Elites, 3 Troops, 1 Heavy while my partner is running 1 HQ, 3 Troops, and 2  Heavy Support.

This year we are running a Tau/Eldar team with me running Tau and my partner running an Iyanden list. We have teamed up in the past running dual chaos lists and we recently teamed up for the Da Boyz Team event in November where we both ran Eldar. We had originally intended to run a Tau/Eldar list but with my broadsides unpainted we opted to go with our Eldar. Our lists are as follows.

Team Just Here for the Beer

Tau - Grubnards
Crisis Suit Commander
TL Plasma Rifles, MultiSpectrum Suite, Neurochip, Iridium Armor, Shield Generator, Ongar Gauntlet

Riptide: Ion Accelerator

2 x Crisis Suits: TL Fusion Blaster, Missile Pod, Bonding Knife
TL Plasma Rifles, Missile Pod, Bonding Knife

12 Kroot with Sniper Rounds:
6 Fire Warriors:
6 Fire Warriors:

6 Pathfinders:

Broadside Team:
TL HYMP, TL SMS, Velocity Tracker, Shas Vre
TL HYMP, TL SMS, Velocity Tracker
TL Heavy Rail Gun, TL SMS, Target Lock



Eldar - Sinistermind

Spiritseer

5 wraithguard w Scythes
wave serpent kitted out
4 dire avengers + exarch
wave serpent kitted out
5 rangers

2x fire prisms w/ holo fields
 
These lists are pretty well rounded and should be able to take on most armies. I'll be sure to take pictures of our games and provide some recaps next week. 

Painting Update


I was finally able to finish off my broadsides that I have had laying about for the past 6-8 months.



Yes, those are the old models but I had some left over Missile Pods from the Crisis suit kits and the riptide so I added them in order to make these suits wield the High Yield Missile pods and TL SMS. I think they turned out pretty well and should fit in nicely with the rest of the army.

I also figured I would jump on the X-Wing repaint band wagon. I pretty much planned on leaving my models as they are since I have too much 40k and Fantasy stuff on my painting table but I recently picked up the HWK 290, which is painted up in the Moldy Crew color scheme. However, I was never a fan of that paint scheme so I painted it up in a dull grey scheme to match the rest of my rebel fleet.





In the end I was pretty happy with how the repaint turned out but I don't have any immediate plans to repaint the rest of my fleet just yet. The only thing that I think I may do for now is paint on 4 bars on one of my x-wings so that I can play Red 4 (Wedge.) Wedge is almost always a staple in my x-wing lists, over any of the other named characters so it would be fun to give him his "official" ship.

One other piece of good news to pass along. I am getting a new furnace put into my basement next week. So why is that important to share with all of you? Well, you see I do the bulk of my terrain work down in the basement but during the winter months it gets pretty cold down there plus the furnace is pretty large so I am limited on space in my basement. Once the new furnace goes in I'll have more room and a little more heat, which means more terrain articles coming in the near future!


No comments:

Post a Comment